College Financial Aid Office
School Eligibility and Participation
Below is information on school eligibility and participation at South Carolina Student Loan.
School eligibility for the Palmetto Assistance Loan (PAL):
- Must be attending a public or not-for profit college or university located within the U.S. that is deemed eligible by the U.S. Department of Education for participation in the Title IV, HEA programs.
- Must be set up to receive disbursements by electronic funds transfer.
School options for certifying a Palmetto Assistance Loan (PAL):
- Certify electronically via CommonLinesm files by using our online loan management platform for financial aid administrators, I-745.
- Certify individually online by logging on to I-745. If you are not signed up for access to I-745 and would like to establish an account, you may contact one of our loan counselors at (800) 488-9875 for assistance.
- Certify by paper by downloading the appropriate loan certification form from our website and faxing the completed form to us at (803) 772-9410.
If your school is not listed as an option when your students try to apply online, please contact our office at (800) 488-9875 to ensure that we have the most current information available. If you are otherwise eligible, but have not been set up to receive disbursements by electronic funds transfer, please print the EFT banking authorization form, and fax it to (803) 772-9410.